Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
As we’re reopening post lockdown due to the worldwide pandemic as declared by the WHO (world health organisation), there are still associated risks associated with training as with all aspects of day to day life.
As such, by booking any of our classes you agree to the following as a prerequisite to training and attendance:
Attendance / coming to the facility
- You may not attend any classes if you have presented any signs or symptoms of the virus, or indeed any form of possibly related illness within the last 14 days, this includes cough, temperature, loss of smell or taste, breathing difficulties, migrane, fever etc.
- You may not attend any classes if anyone in your household has presented any signs or symptoms of the virus, or indeed any form of possibly related illness within the last 14 days this includes cough, temperature, loss of smell or taste, breathing difficulties, migrane, fever etc.
- You may not attend any classes if you believe yourself or anyone in your social circle or household to have been in contact with anyone who has contracted COVID-19, and must not do so for 14 days after the contact was made.
Risk of infection:
COVID-19 has not yet had a vaccination or counter measures to infection in circulation. As such there is an ongoing risk of infection in any activities in day to day life. By booking a class, you agree that you are taking full responsibility for this decision on behalf of yourself or your child, and release Asylum Weightlifting Club Ltd. from all liability arising from possible infection in connection with any activities carried out by the Club or its coaches and volunteers.
Acceptance of measures in place:
Asylum Weightlifting Club Ltd. has put in place reasonable precautionary measures to prevent the spread of infection. Acceptance and abidance by the following are essentail and manditory to ensure the safety of all of our personnel and customers in so far as is reasonably practicible. Therefore the following must be carried out as a requirement of participation, and Asylum Weightlifting Club Ltd. reserves the right to remove anyone for any breach of the following, without recourse or appeal.
- Wash hands before attending the facility
- Use sanitiser provided immediately upon entry and exit
- show up promptly to each session, and wait in the designated area (car or outside) maintaining a minimum of 2m distance between other participants
- enter the Club when directed to do so, maintaining required distance throughout the duration of training
- go directly to my allocated plafrom or area, and remain there to minimise the risk of spread throughout the duration of my training
- Any immediate risk to health as deemed necessary by the coaching staff shall take precedent and priority over distancing measures. All coaches are authorised to be within the social distancing requirement, but only where an immediate risk to health, such as a failed lift, or first aid is reqiured. This applies only to coaches, and athletes must maintain distance at all times.
- An isolation room is available, and may be utilised as a waiting area to be picked up should anyone present with symptoms during training.
- Coaches will be wearing all appropriate PPE during coaching times.
- Clean and disinfect all equipment as directed by the Club or its agents at the required time after completion of the session.
- Only return equipment if:
- Directed to do so by the Club, and only to the allocated area designated for return.
- the equipment has been thoroughly cleaned in preparation for the next group.
- Each booking will reqiure you to complete a short information form with phone and personal details. This is reqiured for contact tracing and communication with parents for any appropriate reason during a session, eg: child presents symptoms and must be isolated while awaiting collection.
- All known medical issues or concerns that are not COVID-19 related must be communicated to coaching staff at the start of each session.
By booking classes with Asylum Weightlifting Club Ltd., I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending the Club and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Club may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Club employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks, carry out all reqiured safety measures as directed by the Club or its agents, and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at the Club or participation in Club activities
On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Club, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs
before, during, or after participation in any Club activities.