Asylum Weightlifting Club Ltd. Terms and Conditions.
Asylum Weightlifting Club is committed to protecting any personal information you disclose. Below, any references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Asylum Weightlifting Club, This page outlines the terms and conditions of membership, as well as how and why we collect personal information, and how it is used.
Who we are
Asylum Weightlifting club is the trading name of Asylum Weightlifting Club Ltd. A private company limited by guarantee without share capital and registered company number NI659549. We are a community amateur sports club (CASC) as registered with HMRC, and provide coaching, education, training and testing in the Olympic sport of weightlifting and weightlifting for sport.
- Comments: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection
- Third Parties: We ensure ethical use of all data provided to us, as such we do not collect any personal data to be given or sold to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
- Third parties are clubs, schools and teams with whom we work collaboratively. Should you belong to one of these clubs, information can be shared with your coaches, club or approved personnel, such as performance tests, programming, rehabilitation progress, attendance etc. No data is given to any other club or individuals, only clubs through which you have a membership with us and their approved points of contact, and you have full right to view this information at any time.
- Approved use, also includes collaboration with appropriate medical personnel, such as physiotherapists, doctors, dietitians etc. with whom we work on your behalf. All information in this regard will be openly communicated with you throughout the process, and you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- NGB’s – if you are part of competitive sport, and compete for the club, your details will be affiliated to the appropriate national governing body, and will be done so in line with their respective data protection and privacy policies.
By accepting the terms of service check box, you agree to abide by all applicable policies and procedures of the club, as amended from time to time. Copies of which will also be emailed to you. These include
- Photographs taken within the premises and at competition events on behalf of the club shall be taken only by vetted and approved coaches or volunteers.
- Photographs are not permitted within the venue unless approved or taken by approved personnel, such as the session’s coach.
- Photographs will ensure all safeguarding requirements are met
- Use of photos, videos and other relevant media taken on the premises or as part of appropriate competitions are permitted to be used for the purposes of training, promotion and marketing by the club, subject to all previous requirements.
By agreeing to the terms of service, consent shall been authorised in regard to the member for the following:
- Participation and training in the sport of weightlifting and associated activities within the club
- Safety requirements, such as spotting, use of collars on barbells, or hands on correction by approved and vetted coaches is permitted and will be communicated properly and effectively to all members.
- Medical treatment and first aid may be administered by suitably qualified and competent personnel, as well as appropriate response in cases of emergency, such as administration of epi pen, calling of ambulance etc.
- That parents or guardians setting up membership on behalf of a minor will ensure that a signed copy of our agreement is completed, to be filed within the club.
By signing up to membership you are entering into a monthly recurring payment. This will be securely processed each month via stripe. Membership will be ongoing but may be cancelled by:
- Logging in to your membership page via our website, and clicking the cancellation button under the “subscriptions” heading
- Contacting us directly in writing, if you have any difficulties, and requesting a cancellation directly. Note: this is usually processed on the 1st day of the following month, to ensure all monthly payments have been completed, including the month in which cancellation was requested. It is the customers responsibility to ensure they have received a confirmation that the request for cancellation has been received, and approved, as we cannot be responsible for communication that does not reach us inadvertently.
Further information on Data:
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data:
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Emergency Contact Information:
You agree that you have sought permission from your nominated emergency contact, and that you are happy for us to contact them on your behalf in cases of emergency
Enquires and Complaints
The board of directors oversee all data protection and compliance and will provide a route of appeal should any complaints arise. The club committee should be the first point of contact regarding any enquires arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquires in writing. If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days, in line with our complaints policy.