Neil is the head coach over all sports in Asylum. He ensures the highest standards of coaching and athletic development within the club.
If improved athletic performance is what you’re looking for, then look no further. With over 20 years experience in weightlifting, as well as a masters degree and years of applied strength and conditioning practice. There’s no more senior, knowledgeable and experienced coach for performance testing, athletic, and motor skills development.
In a former life, Neil was a competitive international weightlifter of over 10 years, captaining the Irish team in his second year as a senior international competitor, as well as Ireland’s highest ranked male competitor at the European senior championships in 9th place, and retiring after his second appearance at senior world championship level to become national coaching director for the national governing body, developing coach education and resources for 4 years.
Full Accreditation Status
– MSc Strength & Conditioning
– CDPI Certified Coach Tutor
– Award in Education and Training, L4 Assessor and IQA
– International Weightlifting Federation Level 3 Senior Club Coach
– EWF Weightlifting Club Coach, Eleiko Weightlifting
-Weightlifting Ireland / British Weightlifting Level 2,
– CrossFit Weightlifting Certified
-IRFU CCC / IRB S&C
-REPS Level 3 PT, L4 S&C,
– L2 Advanced Suspension Training
– L2 Advanced Kettlebell Training